Communications & Digital Marketing Officer – Full Time
We are looking for a Communications and Digital Marketing Officer to join our team full time. This is an opportunity to join a growing company and develop, implement and lead new and innovative marketing and communications campaigns.
Everything You Need To Know About Our Team
Moonshine Agency is an impact film production house based in Richmond. The team is led by Mike Hill and Sue Collins and together they are driven by a shared mission: to create a positive social impact with the films they produce. A well-told story can move hearts and minds. When this is coupled with strategic planning and a strong call-to-action, real-world outcomes can be achieved. It might be through a one-minute video or a feature-length documentary, a photo, or a Facebook page. Visual communication is at the heart of what we do and we’re always exploring new ways to reach our audiences.
When you’re part of our team you’ll be supported to try new ideas and iterate on old ones. We value creative thinkers and early adopters.
Job Description in a Nutshell:
- Be part of a supportive high-performance team.
- Have a voice in your work.
- Be part of projects that have real-world outcomes.
- Have opportunities for ongoing learning and skill development on local and global campaigns.
We’re a small dynamic and hard-working team who always strive to deliver excellent results.
Communications & Digital Marketing Officer’s Responsibilities Include:
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a similar position.
- Have a keen interest in film and documentaries.
- A creative thinker who loves a challenge.
- Passionate about achieving outcomes.
- A good collaborator.
- Have strong writing skills.
- Work well to deadlines.
- A good eye for detail.
- Love analytics and measuring results.
- Live to learn.
- Experience in film outreach would be an advantage.
About the role:
Experience in written communications and digital marketing and advertising is essential. We are primarily an impact film production house and our impact campaigns require writing for social media, blogs, and website copy as well as copywriting. Our campaigns utilise YouTube and other social platforms like Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, and WordPress. We also produce video content for our clients.
Although film production is our focus, our websites, EDMs and social media content all need a strong copy to support the video content. All our campaigns are diverse in their distribution and focus on achieving real-world outcomes. We utilise organic and digital marketing to build our social platforms and communicate with our audiences. We recommend you look at our Impact Film page to get a sense of the outcomes we achieve and also the depth of the outreach and communications strategies.
Key areas for this role:
- Assist in creating and managing the execution of communications campaigns.
- Managing communications campaigns & outreach activities.
- Copywriting for websites and marketing collateral, writing for blogs, social media and EDM’s.
- Interviewing talent for blogs and other marketing materials.
- Building audiences for social platforms (followers/subscribers).
- Creating and overseeing ad campaigns to build audiences for online platforms.
- Writing, creating and curating content for Moonshine Agency’s online profiles and also a number of projects and their social media platforms.
- Professional development to continue evolve your writing style in keeping with the ‘house’ styles.
- Implement and manage audience and database campaigns.
- Tracking analytics and measuring reach.
- Compiling impact reports for each project.
- Assisting with PR including writing press releases.
- Work closely in a team to generate qualified leads and sale opportunities.
- Liaising with project partners to support contest release activities.
- Managing team members as required.
- Implementing SEO strategies and optimising platforms.
- Website management (overseeing updates, development & SEO). WordPress & Kajabi.
- Overseeing graphic design requirements (film posters, logo designs, brand identities, social media assets).
- Assisting with arranging shoots, travel, or other administration as required relating to the role.
Ancillary Role Options in the Post-Production Unit:
At Moonshine Agency everyone is a creative part of the team. There will be opportunities to come on shoots from time to time and take photos or document behind the scenes activities. If you enjoy picking up a camera or post-production, then getting involved with filming or editing could be in your work flow as well.
Nuts and bolts:
The position is full-time a based on-site at Moonshine Agency HQ in Richmond, VIC. A standard work-week takes place at this location during business hours Monday-Friday. This role is not a ‘work from home’ role and we do not offer for our team to work from home. We work closely as a team and daily cross over is important to our company culture. Please consider how you will commute to get to work in Richmond as we do not have onsite parking available.
The start date is ASAP and no-later than December 2022. The salary package is based on experience in a range between $70,000-$80,0000 p.a. (inclusive of super and 4 weeks annual leave).
To apply for this role please submit a current resume and cover letter to tell us why you are the best candidate for this position and why you want to work at Moonshine Agency. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.