We’re looking for a Production Manager/ Associate Producer to Join our team!
If you’re the type of person who lives to make a difference, sees challenges as growth opportunities and has a love of film as a tool for making change – this may be your dream job.
We’re looking for a super organised individual who embraces planning the way Cuban bar tenders are embracing capitalism. We also need someone who has the skill to keep a cool head while managing the day-to-day operations.
This role offers a huge opportunity for the right candidate. It is, for want of a better word, a slash position. It’s weighted more on Production Management than Associate Producing in the first instance. But there’s a lot of opportunity to learn the ropes of producing and apply those skills as they develop.
For the right candidate, the greatest benefit of working for this nimble, growing, purposeful company is that you won’t be pigeon-holed or overlooked. This position rewards initiative, celebrates going the extra mile, and cherishes meaningfully contributing to the mission of the company. So if you’re looking for an environment to shine and crush it, while spring-boarding your professional development, you’ve come to the right place.
About Moonshine Agency
We’re not just any old video production and communications company, we’re here to move humanity forward and we do that through storytelling for impact. Company owners Mike Hill and Sue Collins have spent the past ten years focusing on work that makes a difference. They believe that a good story, well told can win hearts and minds. When this is coupled with strategic planning and strong calls-to-action you get real world outcomes. It might be achieved through a one minute video or a feature length documentary, a photo or a Facebook page. Visual communications is at the heart of what we do and we’re always exploring new ways to reach our audiences.
Since 2010, our work has been viewed by millions across the world on TV and online. Our team travels the country and the world to capture stories that inspire their audiences to take action. Our thoughtful, innovative and creative approach is coupled with respect for audiences, careful strategic planning and effective communication that ensures we work closely with our collaborators to deliver successful, well-executed projects every time.
We have a number of exciting new projects in production and post production, with a couple ready to launch in the coming months. We also have a strong slate of projects in development, waiting to be moved forward.
One of our core values is curiosity, we’re always curious because we know that the world won’t change if we don’t seek to change it.
When you’re part of our team you’ll be supported to try new ideas and iterate on old ones. We value creative thinkers and early adopters.
In a nutshell you will:
- Be part of a supportive high performance team.
- Have a voice in your work.
- Be part of projects that have real world outcomes.
- Have opportunities for ongoing learning and skill development.
But if you’re looking for beanbags, pingpong tables and popcorn makers then perhaps skip to the next job listing. We do have a great office environment that includes a ‘Happiness Team’! But at the end of the day, we work really hard and always strive to deliver excellent results.
You’ll be well suited to this role if you
- Believe planning is essential to achieving goals.
- Embrace systems and processes.
- Are a creative thinker who loves a challenge.
- Are a good collaborator.
- Work well to deadlines.
- Have a good eye for detail.
- Live to learn.
- Are quick to figure things our or ask for help.
- Committed to making a difference.
About the role:
No two days are the same in our office. With multiple projects in various stages of production you’ll find your planning skills will pay off.
The team are supported by strong systems and processes, that with your oversight, will help you keep our productions running like clockwork.
On any given day you could be planning the next international shooting trip, creating a call sheet, managing a budget or liaising with clients about job delivery. You may find yourself immersed in a new project and working out how to take it from concept to market. Wherever your day takes you, it will be with a strong focus on getting to the next steps and making it happen.
- Film production and studio management.
- Production and post-production scheduling.
- Holding the fort, taking calls and receiving guests.
- Working under guidance of Moonshine’s producers to develop, pitch and produce new projects.
- You love receiving and making phone calls to keep things moving along smoothly.
- Using technology to enhance productivity, processes & quality control.
- Managing classifieds and the contractor pool.
- Filing, collating assets and writing impact reports.
- Sound administrative acumen with proven experience at a similar level.
- Effective interpersonal communications skills combined with high level verbal and written English skills. A good writer will be well suited to this role.
- Skilled in Keynote, Pages, Numbers (or Microsoft Word & Excel) and preferably some ability to use InDesign and Photoshop .
- Project management and exceptional organisational skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and tasks.
- A basic knowledge of WordPress is an advantage.
If this sounds like the kind of team you want to be a part of then please apply by writing a personal, memorable cover letter letting us know why we should move your application to the top of the pile.
We look forward to hearing from you soon.
All applications without a cover letter, resume and direct contact details of referees will not be considered.
Due to a high volume of applicants, only those successful in making the shortlist will be contacted.
Moonshine Agency Careers Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 03 9410 4345